FENLAND: Let's try to be pro-active about the roads
IN response to Mr Kemp s article with regard to Mr Chappell s campaign...if he had listened to Mr Chappell s video on Cambs Times website it would be clear that he was fighting for all those who had lost their lives over the years. Hostility and frustrat
IN response to Mr Kemp's article with regard to Mr Chappell's campaign...if he had listened to Mr Chappell's video on Cambs Times website it would be clear that he was fighting for all those who had lost their lives over the years.
Hostility and frustration is understandable.
There are too few in this world who will stick their head above the parapet and fight for something they believe in, too many of us will moan and say that this should be done, but not be prepared to fight for that change.
One can look at the accident black spots and say yes we need to put measures here, looking at past history.
What then happens when the next tragedy happens where measures haven't been put in place?
Is it not better planning to look at a problem in terms of what you know from past experience and look also at predictions of potential future risks?
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 3 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 4 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 5 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 10 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
Of course in the short term it costs less to look at what we know....but in the long term it is often more cost effective to make a full risk assessment although the initial outlay is very much more. Be pro-active not reactive. We all understand that there isn't a bottomless pit of money... but consider when looking at this problem how you would feel if the tragedy happened to a member of your family or even you.