FENLAND: Does the planning committee lack common sense?
FENLAND District Council planning committee give every indication of lacking common sense. The committee s decision to recommend the provision of a sizeable shoe shop at Meadowgate development site flies in the face of existing town centre shoe shops and
FENLAND District Council planning committee give every indication of lacking common sense.
The committee's decision to recommend the provision of a sizeable shoe shop at Meadowgate development site flies in the face of existing town centre shoe shops and might easily put them in jeopardy.
March town centre is the hub of commercial interests and should receive one hundred per cent support from the council who extract considerable rates from the town's cluster of existing businesses.
Perimeter businesses of a general commercial nature do nothing to sustain traditional trading in small market towns and even contribute to decline.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery