FENLAND: Councillor seems oblivious to public's lack of confidence in finance management
IN regards to Cllr Harper s letter Improve Standards , again I would like to draw your readers attention to the continued complacent, arrogant attitude expressed publically by Cllr Harper regarding the whole issue of how tax payers money is being spent.
IN regards to Cllr Harper's letter 'Improve Standards', again I would like to draw your readers attention to the continued complacent, arrogant attitude expressed publically by Cllr Harper regarding the whole issue of how tax payers money is being spent.
He seems to be completely oblivious to the public's total lack of confidence and mistrust in how his authority is managing our finances.
Most astonishing was his statement 'Local Government has particularly rigorous standards of transparency and accountability, seemingly not shared by parliament.'
It is a shame the leader of Fenland District Council does not apply this 'rigorous standard of transparency and accountability' to his administrations own affairs.
You may also want to watch:
I say this in light of my recent and continued attempts to have made public details of senior managers' remuneration packages together with full disclosure of allowances, bonuses and expenses available to these senior employees of the council.
This information is still being withheld and at present the council is attempting to hide behind the Data Protection Act in their efforts to block disclosure.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
This is a rerun of the scenario played out by the House of Commons officials when they tried to block the disclosure of MPs expenses!
Again I say if there is nothing to hide release the information.