FENLAND: Councillor seems oblivious to public's lack of confidence in finance management
IN regards to Cllr Harper s letter Improve Standards , again I would like to draw your readers attention to the continued complacent, arrogant attitude expressed publically by Cllr Harper regarding the whole issue of how tax payers money is being spent.
IN regards to Cllr Harper's letter 'Improve Standards', again I would like to draw your readers attention to the continued complacent, arrogant attitude expressed publically by Cllr Harper regarding the whole issue of how tax payers money is being spent.
He seems to be completely oblivious to the public's total lack of confidence and mistrust in how his authority is managing our finances.
Most astonishing was his statement 'Local Government has particularly rigorous standards of transparency and accountability, seemingly not shared by parliament.'
It is a shame the leader of Fenland District Council does not apply this 'rigorous standard of transparency and accountability' to his administrations own affairs.
You may also want to watch:
I say this in light of my recent and continued attempts to have made public details of senior managers' remuneration packages together with full disclosure of allowances, bonuses and expenses available to these senior employees of the council.
This information is still being withheld and at present the council is attempting to hide behind the Data Protection Act in their efforts to block disclosure.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
This is a rerun of the scenario played out by the House of Commons officials when they tried to block the disclosure of MPs expenses!
Again I say if there is nothing to hide release the information.