FENLAND COUNCIL: Many must be delighted Kit Owen's being sent on 'coaching mission'
THERE must have been scores of people across Fenland who were truly delighted with the news that Councillor Kit Owen is being sent on a coaching mission to teach him how to behave. But is it enough? As long-time chairman of the council s licensing comm
THERE must have been scores of people across Fenland who were truly delighted with the news that Councillor Kit Owen is being sent on a 'coaching mission' to teach him how to behave.
But is it enough? As long-time chairman of the council's licensing committee, Cllr Owen's unpleasant habit of intimidating, making rude personal insinuations and displaying all-round bad manners towards those with whom he disagrees have been nothing short of a public scandal, which Fenland Council ought to have addressed years ago.
Is it possible that his fellow committee members have also found themselves being browbeaten by this man's behaviour?
Arguably, Fenland Council is lumbered with the kind of people the public have chosen to elect, which sometimes includes those of the ilk of Kit Owen, who do untold damage to the vital nature of local democracy, and to the overall reputation of the council.
You may also want to watch:
The good people of March (East) would therefore be doing everyone in the Fens an immense favour by voting Cllr Owen off the council altogether at the earliest possible opportunity.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch