FENLAND COUNCIL: Many must be delighted Kit Owen's being sent on 'coaching mission'
THERE must have been scores of people across Fenland who were truly delighted with the news that Councillor Kit Owen is being sent on a coaching mission to teach him how to behave. But is it enough? As long-time chairman of the council s licensing comm
THERE must have been scores of people across Fenland who were truly delighted with the news that Councillor Kit Owen is being sent on a 'coaching mission' to teach him how to behave.
But is it enough? As long-time chairman of the council's licensing committee, Cllr Owen's unpleasant habit of intimidating, making rude personal insinuations and displaying all-round bad manners towards those with whom he disagrees have been nothing short of a public scandal, which Fenland Council ought to have addressed years ago.
Is it possible that his fellow committee members have also found themselves being browbeaten by this man's behaviour?
Arguably, Fenland Council is lumbered with the kind of people the public have chosen to elect, which sometimes includes those of the ilk of Kit Owen, who do untold damage to the vital nature of local democracy, and to the overall reputation of the council.
You may also want to watch:
The good people of March (East) would therefore be doing everyone in the Fens an immense favour by voting Cllr Owen off the council altogether at the earliest possible opportunity.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 100 mile charity walk inspired by mum's breast cancer recovery
- 10 Room to improve as villagers fail to cope with rampant visitors