FENLAND: Concern over turbines in the district
I NOTE that planning committee chairman, Cllr Martin Curtis, is unhappy with the planning inspector s decision to allow the Anglian Water s turbine to be built. Cllr Curtis states that this turbine does have a cumulative impact and therefore the appeal sh
I NOTE that planning committee chairman, Cllr Martin Curtis, is unhappy with the planning inspector's decision to allow the Anglian Water's turbine to be built.
Cllr Curtis states that this turbine does have a cumulative impact and therefore the appeal should have been dismissed.
I agree with him, but why did his committee, when considering this application, then go on to approve a further seven turbines at the adjacent wind farm at Coldham?
Surely seven turbines would have a far greater cumulative impact that just one.
What makes the whole situation absolutely farcical is that the report to the planning committee actually recommended approval as it considered the AW turbine to only have limited cumulative impact and that was based upon the council's recently commissioned Wind Turbine Development Study.
Cllr Curtis goes on to state that "This is a disgusting decision and a real kick in the teeth for the people of Fenland whose attitude towards wind farms have been totally responsible."
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 6 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 9 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
May I remind Cllr Curtis that the people of Fenland have never had the opportunity to debate the whole question of encouraging wind farms in Fenland.
Even the recent �24,000 Wind Turbine Study is in my opinion somewhat of a disaster.
The whole wind turbine issue in Fenland is a total mess and as a direct result of the council, which went ahead with encouraging wind turbine developers to develop in Fenland without a proper planning policy to control such major developments.
In my view the way our planning authority have handled the development of wind turbines, could well turn out to be one of the biggest planning blunders of all time.