FENLAND: Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track has our support
IN reference to Brakespeare s suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line. As the line was originally double track there is plenty o
IN reference to Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line.
As the line was originally double track there is plenty of room for this.
Despite some initial interest from Sustrans they didn't turn up to a meeting with us and have not responded to us since.
Fenland District Council has also shown no interest in the proposal.
Network Rail however was very positive.
We still believe that a cycle and footpath alongside the Bramley Line would be excellent in providing safe off road cycling and walking in the countryside for local residents.
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 9 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
When the line re-opens those less fit or able could use the train for part of the journey and walk the rest.
Picnic spots and seating could also be provided along the route. Other heritage railways have similar arrangements.
It is part of the Bramley Line Business Plan and if we can find the funding the Bramley Line would love to see this happen.
However until we have the lease no more progress can be made. A funding appeal will be launched in the spring to reach the final amount needed.
Bramley Line Committee Member