FENLAND: Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track has our support
IN reference to Brakespeare s suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line. As the line was originally double track there is plenty o
IN reference to Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line.
As the line was originally double track there is plenty of room for this.
Despite some initial interest from Sustrans they didn't turn up to a meeting with us and have not responded to us since.
Fenland District Council has also shown no interest in the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail however was very positive.
We still believe that a cycle and footpath alongside the Bramley Line would be excellent in providing safe off road cycling and walking in the countryside for local residents.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
When the line re-opens those less fit or able could use the train for part of the journey and walk the rest.
Picnic spots and seating could also be provided along the route. Other heritage railways have similar arrangements.
It is part of the Bramley Line Business Plan and if we can find the funding the Bramley Line would love to see this happen.
However until we have the lease no more progress can be made. A funding appeal will be launched in the spring to reach the final amount needed.
Bramley Line Committee Member