FENLAND: Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track has our support
IN reference to Brakespeare s suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line. As the line was originally double track there is plenty o
IN reference to Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line.
As the line was originally double track there is plenty of room for this.
Despite some initial interest from Sustrans they didn't turn up to a meeting with us and have not responded to us since.
Fenland District Council has also shown no interest in the proposal.
Network Rail however was very positive.
We still believe that a cycle and footpath alongside the Bramley Line would be excellent in providing safe off road cycling and walking in the countryside for local residents.
- 1 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 2 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 3 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 4 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
- 5 Partygoer who claimed ADHD caused him to kill jailed for life
- 6 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 9 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
When the line re-opens those less fit or able could use the train for part of the journey and walk the rest.
Picnic spots and seating could also be provided along the route. Other heritage railways have similar arrangements.
It is part of the Bramley Line Business Plan and if we can find the funding the Bramley Line would love to see this happen.
However until we have the lease no more progress can be made. A funding appeal will be launched in the spring to reach the final amount needed.
Bramley Line Committee Member