FENLAND: Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track has our support
IN reference to Brakespeare s suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line. As the line was originally double track there is plenty o
IN reference to Brakespeare's suggestion of a cycle track for the Bramley Line. Last year the Bramley Line supported a proposal from me to create a cycle and footpath alongside the re-opened line.
As the line was originally double track there is plenty of room for this.
Despite some initial interest from Sustrans they didn't turn up to a meeting with us and have not responded to us since.
Fenland District Council has also shown no interest in the proposal.
You may also want to watch:
Network Rail however was very positive.
We still believe that a cycle and footpath alongside the Bramley Line would be excellent in providing safe off road cycling and walking in the countryside for local residents.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
When the line re-opens those less fit or able could use the train for part of the journey and walk the rest.
Picnic spots and seating could also be provided along the route. Other heritage railways have similar arrangements.
It is part of the Bramley Line Business Plan and if we can find the funding the Bramley Line would love to see this happen.
However until we have the lease no more progress can be made. A funding appeal will be launched in the spring to reach the final amount needed.
Bramley Line Committee Member