FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH: Appeal for help
MY name is Bill Bonney, I m from Cape Girardeau, Missouri of the United States. This is a longshot, but I m researching our family history and found that it is linked to West Walton and Wisbech. I stumbled upon your newspaper site, and I m hoping someone
MY name is Bill Bonney, I'm from Cape Girardeau, Missouri of the United States.
This is a longshot, but I'm researching our family history and found that it
is linked to West Walton and Wisbech.
I stumbled upon your newspaper site, and I'm hoping someone with knowledge of the area may help me locate a couple of gravesites/ cemeteries in Wisbech or West Walton.
You may also want to watch:
It would be a start for us.
My wife, Anna and I live in Cape Girardeau, it is in the central part of the United States. We live on a farm and have four children. We are planning a trip to Wisbech in 2010. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before making the trip.
- 1 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 4 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 5 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 8 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
Getting to Wisbech from the United States will not be the easiest thing to do. Nor do I know anything about Wisbech other than that is where our family originated prior to coming on a ship to the United States in 1838.
If you could let me know if there is a cemetery in Wisbech and West Walton that would be a start.
There may even be a Bonney family there with some knowledge we could use.