FAMILY HISTORY RESEARCH: Appeal for help
MY name is Bill Bonney, I m from Cape Girardeau, Missouri of the United States. This is a longshot, but I m researching our family history and found that it is linked to West Walton and Wisbech. I stumbled upon your newspaper site, and I m hoping someone
MY name is Bill Bonney, I'm from Cape Girardeau, Missouri of the United States.
This is a longshot, but I'm researching our family history and found that it
is linked to West Walton and Wisbech.
I stumbled upon your newspaper site, and I'm hoping someone with knowledge of the area may help me locate a couple of gravesites/ cemeteries in Wisbech or West Walton.
You may also want to watch:
It would be a start for us.
My wife, Anna and I live in Cape Girardeau, it is in the central part of the United States. We live on a farm and have four children. We are planning a trip to Wisbech in 2010. I'm trying to gather as much information as I can before making the trip.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience
Getting to Wisbech from the United States will not be the easiest thing to do. Nor do I know anything about Wisbech other than that is where our family originated prior to coming on a ship to the United States in 1838.
If you could let me know if there is a cemetery in Wisbech and West Walton that would be a start.
There may even be a Bonney family there with some knowledge we could use.