FACET: Why are local disabled people losing out
FURTHER to the story on FACET in last week s paper there must be several people would like to know why local disabled people seem to be losing out. While �22,000 goes to a local councillor for consultant fees, this is on top of �5,500 paid for last year.
FURTHER to the story on FACET in last week's paper there must be several people would like to know why local disabled people seem to be losing out.
While �22,000 goes to a local councillor for consultant fees, this is on top of �5,500 paid for last year.
While the accounts published on the Charity Commission web site shows nothing was paid to trustees 2003 to 2006.
It further shows the accounts for 2006 were 356 days late, 2005 69 days late and 2004 seven days late.
You may also want to watch:
2008 shows �249,405 spent on professional fees with no breakdown to show where this sum ended up.
The aborted move referred to as the reason money has to be repaid was that the road to the new site was un-adopted and FACET was expected to take this on.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
As FACET was paying consultant fees to an FDC councillor it would be nice to know how the situation came about.
The losers in all of this would seem to be those least able to fend for themselves.
Whilst there is no allegation of any impropriety, morally local supporters of the fundraising shop have a right to know why of the �42,394 raised last year over 50 per cent was paid to a FDC councillor and trustee and what was received for this sum.
MR D A WESTERN