FACET: Why are local disabled people losing out
FURTHER to the story on FACET in last week s paper there must be several people would like to know why local disabled people seem to be losing out. While �22,000 goes to a local councillor for consultant fees, this is on top of �5,500 paid for last year.
FURTHER to the story on FACET in last week's paper there must be several people would like to know why local disabled people seem to be losing out.
While �22,000 goes to a local councillor for consultant fees, this is on top of �5,500 paid for last year.
While the accounts published on the Charity Commission web site shows nothing was paid to trustees 2003 to 2006.
It further shows the accounts for 2006 were 356 days late, 2005 69 days late and 2004 seven days late.
You may also want to watch:
2008 shows �249,405 spent on professional fees with no breakdown to show where this sum ended up.
The aborted move referred to as the reason money has to be repaid was that the road to the new site was un-adopted and FACET was expected to take this on.
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
As FACET was paying consultant fees to an FDC councillor it would be nice to know how the situation came about.
The losers in all of this would seem to be those least able to fend for themselves.
Whilst there is no allegation of any impropriety, morally local supporters of the fundraising shop have a right to know why of the �42,394 raised last year over 50 per cent was paid to a FDC councillor and trustee and what was received for this sum.
MR D A WESTERN