EXPENSES ROW: Scandal shows why we need working class MPs
SO some Members of Parliament from all the main political parties have been caught with their hands in the till. These politicians make you sick. They publicly attack those on Job Seekers Allowance of �60.50 a week, together with those on disability bene
SO some Members of Parliament from all the main political parties have been caught with their hands in the till.
These politicians make you sick. They publicly attack those on Job Seekers' Allowance of �60.50 a week, together with those on disability benefits, as spongers and benefit scroungers.
Apparently the favoured method of MPs for making money is 'flipping', whereby a property is designated as a second home in order to claim for repairs, improvements, decoration, and mortgage interest payments.
MPs can claim up to �24,000 a year for this. The property can then be re-designated as a first home enabling it to be sold at a profit without incurring capital gains tax.
You may also want to watch:
Contrast these greedy MPs with Dave Nellist, now a Coventry City Councillor, who as a 'socialist' Labour MP from 1983 to 1992 took only the average wage of a Coventry factory worker.
The salary of all MPs must be cut to the level of the average wage of a skilled worker. That's about �500 a week.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 3 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 9 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 10 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
Where expenses are needed, they should be strictly necessary ones only, similar to what some building workers claim as they travel the country in pursuit of their work.
The expenses scandal shows why we need working class MPs.