EXPENSES ROW: If I'm elected to county council, I will only claim what I'm entitled to
WITH the recent allegations over politicians expenses and being a candidate for Wisbech South in the up coming local elections, I have declared that should I win, I will only accept expenses that I am morally entitled too. My full pledge can be found on
WITH the recent allegations over politicians' expenses and being a candidate for Wisbech South in the up coming local elections, I have declared that should I win, I will only accept expenses that I am morally entitled too.
My full pledge can be found on my blog at http://caligulaspalace.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/i-will-publish-my-expenses/
I hope that all my opponents will do the same and that, Cllr Simon King will reveal the full details of all that he gets from the three councils that he sits on.
The local elections provide an ideal opportunity for the general public to comment on the greed and gravy train culture.
You may also want to watch:
Libertarian Party candidate for Wisbech South
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 4 Breast cancer survivor on why weight loss 'saved my life'
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 8 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May