EXPENSES ROW: If I'm elected to county council, I will only claim what I'm entitled to
WITH the recent allegations over politicians expenses and being a candidate for Wisbech South in the up coming local elections, I have declared that should I win, I will only accept expenses that I am morally entitled too. My full pledge can be found on
WITH the recent allegations over politicians' expenses and being a candidate for Wisbech South in the up coming local elections, I have declared that should I win, I will only accept expenses that I am morally entitled too.
My full pledge can be found on my blog at http://caligulaspalace.wordpress.com/2009/05/12/i-will-publish-my-expenses/
I hope that all my opponents will do the same and that, Cllr Simon King will reveal the full details of all that he gets from the three councils that he sits on.
The local elections provide an ideal opportunity for the general public to comment on the greed and gravy train culture.
You may also want to watch:
Libertarian Party candidate for Wisbech South
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires