ERBIE MURAT: Readers have their say on future of Wisbech Town Clerk
ERBIE Murat has used his position as clerk to Wisbech Town Council to express certain personal views. This is completely against all rules of conduct for both councillors and their paid employee Erbie Murat. All councillors even down to the parish counci
ERBIE Murat has used his position as clerk to Wisbech Town Council to express certain personal views.
This is completely against all rules of conduct for both councillors and their paid employee Erbie Murat. All councillors even down to the parish council level are given access to a DVD on the Code of Conduct required. The Town Clerk is the person that would hold the DVD and as the rules apply to him, he can not claim not to be fully aware of its contents.
We see that he has made some sort of apology for his offence. This is not the first time he has had to make an apology. I received mine at 8.20am one morning when he telephoned me with excuses for what could only be described as his own and other persons at the Town Council for their lack of capability at what was a basic clerical function and responding to mail.
It is understood that he has received some form of mild reprimand from the current leader of the council. Clearly this is not sufficient.
You may also want to watch:
He should resign or be dismissed before he makes the town a laughing stock.
BRIAN R PARKINSON
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
I WOULD like to point out that comments made by Erbie Murat about using headed Wisbech Town Council paper to lodge his objections to the proposed sex shop.
He mentioned his comments were sent on behalf of Guyhirn Village Hall Trust - this is untrue. The trust did not support anything to do with the letter and Mr Murat did not speak on behalf of the trustees. His comments were made from him as an individual.
Guyhirn Village Hall Trust