Destruction of trees and shrubs along Harecroft Road in Wisbech is 'act of vandalism'
I WAS shocked to see the amount of destruction to the trees, bushes and shrubs along the entire length of Harecroft Road in Wisbech. The area probably needed a tidy up but not to the point that it in my eyes is nothing more than an act of environmental v
I WAS shocked to see the amount of destruction to the trees, bushes and shrubs along the entire length of Harecroft Road in Wisbech.
The area probably needed a tidy up but not to the point that it in my eyes is nothing more than an act of environmental vandalism.
I don't need to remind people that we have so far had a severe winter and the greenery that has been removed provided valuable shelter for native and over-wintering migrant birds as well as small mammals.
It would also have provided cover for hibernating animals too.
You may also want to watch:
I'm not going to go on about global warming as this is open to debate but one of the easiest ways to reduce carbon in the atmosphere is via trees ,bushes and shrubs that remove carbon dioxide from the air and convert in to oxygen that we all need by photosynthesis.
I wonder who commissioned the work, who was contracted and how much was paid, because the damage done in my eyes to create the eyesore that exists now was not worth one penny.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 3 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 4 Mayor fumes over ‘amateur’ foster carers claim
- 5 Tesco staff self-isolate after being ‘pinged’ by track and trace
- 6 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 8 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Firefighters left tackling 'deliberate' car blaze for over an hour
I wonder how the other readers feel about this.
EDITOR'S NOTE: If you can help contact our news desk by clicking here.