Danger at work
FOR the past three weeks drainage works have been carried out in Church Road, Emneth. According to information given by Norfolk County Council there would be a 24-hour road closure in operation with access only to the properties within the working area. W
FOR the past three weeks drainage works have been carried out in Church Road, Emneth. According to information given by Norfolk County Council there would be a 24-hour road closure in operation with access only to the properties within the working area.
What has happened is that motorists who do not live in Church Road have ignored the road closure signs and have been using the road to gain access to other parts of the village.
If vehicles in connection with the drainage works have blocked the road they expect them to be moved.
Some motorists have been so impatient that where possible they have used the footway to get past the obstacle. This action is a danger to the public and to the operatives carrying out the works.
Norfolk County Council has been informed of this action on more than one occasion and said steps would be taken to ensure motorists using the road were using it for access only. Motorists are still using it to access other parts of the village.
Police have also been informed that when works finish for the day motorists are removing the barriers and road closed signs to make access easier. Their view was that if no one had been injured they weren't really interested.
- 1 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 4 Inside Wisbech's new 'Get Out' escape room
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
Do we really have to wait until some one is injured before the county council or police take any interest?