Crime Increase In Wisbech
OVER the last week we have seen an increase in burglaries and vehicle crime across Wisbech.
This has been occurring both in the town and out in the rural areas.
If you see suspicious activity where you suspect a burglary is in progress let us know so we can deal with it immediately. If you witness a burglary please dial 999 in the first instance to report, then contact your neighbour if you know them.
Please where possible try to establish if there is a vehicle being used and provide as much detail as you can, the main information being licence plate, followed by make and colour.
Give as much of a physical description of the offenders as possible - age, height, hair colour and style, physical features/distinguishing marks etc. If you speak to them, do they have a distinctive accent? What is their general appearance? Would you recognise them again?
You may also want to watch:
Don’t make your house an easy target for them, keep your downstairs windows and doors locked and secure. Make sure security lights are switched on and in working order. Don’t leave valuable items on clear display through your front windows. Keep an eye on your neighbour’s property.
Please be extra vigilant when parking your vehicle, making sure it is locked and secure, ensuring all valuable items are removed from sight, for example any satellite navigation systems and their windscreen attachments.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
All this information can help us to catch the offenders - by working together we can make it difficult for criminals to operate in and around Wisbech.
Please be extra vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the Police on 0345 456 456 4 or 999 in an emergency.
WISBECH NEIGHBOURHOOD POLICING TEAM