Court cases no interest
I HAVE read the biased article regarding my son s court appearance (page 6, March 7) and your reporter got the main facts wrong. Firstly my son did not beat up a youngster. The fact is he hit out once, plainly visible on CCTV, as he was surrounded by fi
I HAVE read the biased article regarding my son's court appearance (page 6, March 7) and your reporter got the main facts wrong.
Firstly my son did not "beat up" a youngster. The fact is he hit out once, plainly visible on CCTV, as he was surrounded by five would-be attackers.
Secondly the "youngster" had been drinking in the Wheatsheaf, so was presumably 18 or over.
I know my son is no angel, but I prefer to read fact rather than fiction. He has paid the fine and will do the community service, so why must it be churned out in the local paper?
You may also want to watch:
Surely you are not that hard pressed to find something to fill your paper? Can I suggest your staff take a trip into Wisbech for news, rather than take the option of court cases - no interest to anyone, except the local busybody?
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
Editor's footnote: Simon Fox pleaded guilty to using threatening behaviour and told magistrates he was "ashamed of what he saw on CCTV." A fundamental right is that the press (and public) are invited into court to see justice not only done but seen to be done. Our highly experienced court reporter continues to do just that.