COUNCILLOR HARPER BRIBERY ALLEGATION: Your reporting is biased and based on hearsay evidence
IS it really okay for the local press to continually publish accusations against Cllr. Geoff Harper, when those accusations are based, as far as I can tell, entirely on the word and heresay of another councillor? A councillor who just happens (surprise
IS it really okay for the local press to continually publish 'accusations' against Cllr. Geoff Harper, when those accusations are based, as far as I can tell, entirely on the word and heresay of another councillor?
A councillor who just happens (surprise, surprise) to be trying to win the same county seat as the person he is accusing? I'm all for freedom of the press, but I've been really surprised by this. Several times now, Cllr Archer has been given print space to make the same accusations.
His evidence based entirely on what he claims to have been told by a councillor. If there is any more evidence than his wild accusation then you haven't presented it so far.
The only actual evidence in the whole sorry situation would appear to be the Standards Committee, who ruled that Cllr Harper had no case to answer. You'd think that would be the end of it and everybody would shake their heads sadly and say: "Some people will say anything to get elected." But not the Cambs Times. Oh no.
You may also want to watch:
In this instance the papers carrying this story appear to be showing a fairly obvious political bias and very little interest in fairness or balanced reporting.
It leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 3 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter