Could you be a volunteer?
I AM the community fund-raising manager for the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) covering the East of England. I am looking for volunteers to join our small but growing team. Every day more than 100 people start to lose their sight. The RNI
I AM the community fund-raising manager for the Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) covering the East of England. I am looking for volunteers to join our small but growing team.
Every day more than 100 people start to lose their sight. The RNIB helps to rebuild lives devastated by sight loss by providing more than 60 services for people who are blind or visually impaired.
As an organisation we receive no Government funding and rely on generous donations from the public. Much of our funding comes via our famous "Sooty" boxes.
Throughout the Cambridgeshire region, we receive fantastic public support but we have one desperate shortage, people to collect money from our Sooty sites.
You may also want to watch:
If you can spare a few hours each week and like to get out to meet new people maybe you are the person we are looking for. Full training and ongoing support will be given and all out of pocket expenses paid.
Any readers who feel they can offer help a few hours a month to undertake this extremely rewarding work, should contact me to discuss the flexible volunteering opportunities within RNIB. I can be contacted on 01603 262427 or e-mail Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 5 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
Community fund-raising manager
RNIB (East England)