Could you be a volunteer?
VICTIM Support urgently needs to recruit volunteers to support victims of crime in the Fenland area. At present we have insufficient people trained, and are unable to offer the level of support many victims may need. We have a training course coming up,
VICTIM Support urgently needs to recruit volunteers to support victims of crime in the Fenland area.
At present we have insufficient people trained, and are unable to offer the level of support many victims may need.
We have a training course coming up, and are looking for people who are able to give a few hours each week to contacting, visiting and supporting people who are suffering the effects of crime.
We seek to offer emotional and practical support, and to ensure that victims of crime have all the information they need.
There are no formal qualifications required, but volunteers should have the ability to relate to and communicate with a wide range of people in stressful situations.
We also require volunteers to undertake a Criminal Records Bureau check.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 OPINION: Jettison inertia and save money
- 8 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
Training will take place over four days - October 20 and 21, November 3 and 4.
Anyone who would like to apply should ring 01480 453000 or e-mail email@example.com