Cottage would have benefitted village
I DO not live in Tydd St Mary, but my work takes me into the village on a daily basis. Due to recent efforts the village seems to be undergoing a transformation, in that the common pit has been changed into quite a pretty area, the church fences have been
I DO not live in Tydd St Mary, but my work takes me into the village on a daily basis.
Due to recent efforts the village seems to be undergoing a transformation, in that the common pit has been changed into quite a pretty area, the church fences have been rebuilt and the centre of the village has been changed from a very untidy area to being well managed.
Proceeding further into the village a field that could only be described as a farm implement graveyard has been transformed into a lovely young orchard.
These changes have been brought about by individuals who take a pride in their village and make it a nice place to live.
You may also want to watch:
I have been reading articles in local papers regarding the planning application for 'Whispers Cottage' and I saw pictures of the proposed country-style cottage. As I understand the situation, the parish council gave its blessing, 54 residents against three showed their preference, so how come the district councillors, who represent these people, voted with a small majority against it? Where has democracy gone, or mere representation? I hope the residents bore this in mind when they went to vote.
The conservation officer convinced councillors that the new proposal would not enhance the area. The existing dwelling certainly doesn't. I would imagine the cost would be too expensive to renovate, and indeed if this was not an issue when finished, it would be impractical as a dwelling. So how did the conservation officer convince the councillors this proposal was so wrong?
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
I know planners are there to prevent eyesores and inappropriate structures being built, but this application was in keeping with the local buildings and would have benefited the local scene.
R E TAYLOR