CONCERN: Estate agent job losses
AS a student of the UK property market for over 25 years, I was interested to read in last week s paper about the redundancies at Harrison Murray estate agents in March. Apparently, a number of March-based staff have been made redundant and the office wil
AS a student of the UK property market for over 25 years, I was interested to read in last week's paper about the redundancies at Harrison Murray estate agents in March.
Apparently, a number of March-based staff have been made redundant and the office will be manned by others from Harrison Murray's Chatteris and Wisbech offices.
The changes are due to the downturn in the property market.
The UK is now catching up with the collapse of the residential housing markets in the US, Ireland, and Spain.
You may also want to watch:
Many people laughed at me when it was reported in this paper that I was advising Fenland estate agents to start applying for jobs at Tesco, Asda, and Poundland.
I am sure that the newly-redundant estate agents at Harrison Murray are not laughing any longer as they join the queue of people claiming Job-Seekers' Allowance.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 6 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 7 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 8 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 9 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 10 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months