CONCERN: Estate agent job losses
AS a student of the UK property market for over 25 years, I was interested to read in last week s paper about the redundancies at Harrison Murray estate agents in March. Apparently, a number of March-based staff have been made redundant and the office wil
AS a student of the UK property market for over 25 years, I was interested to read in last week's paper about the redundancies at Harrison Murray estate agents in March.
Apparently, a number of March-based staff have been made redundant and the office will be manned by others from Harrison Murray's Chatteris and Wisbech offices.
The changes are due to the downturn in the property market.
The UK is now catching up with the collapse of the residential housing markets in the US, Ireland, and Spain.
Many people laughed at me when it was reported in this paper that I was advising Fenland estate agents to start applying for jobs at Tesco, Asda, and Poundland.
I am sure that the newly-redundant estate agents at Harrison Murray are not laughing any longer as they join the queue of people claiming Job-Seekers' Allowance.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 8 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 9 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 10 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder