COLLEGE CAMPAIGN: It is a bit premature, as no-one's said it will never be built
THE headlines on the front page of the Cambs Times last week were to say the least rather politically biased. If that was a Sun type headline I m glad I don t read that particular tabloid. Of course we all want the college to be built in Fenland, a
THE headlines on the front page of the Cambs Times last week were to say the least rather politically biased. If that was a Sun type headline I'm glad I don't read that particular tabloid. Of course we all want the college to be built in Fenland, as far as I know no-one has said it isn't going ahead. It's just been put back until the government commissioned report undertaken by Sir Andrew Fraser has been published.
The possibility is that the Learning and Skills Council (LSC) will be disbanded and maybe Partnership for Schools will take over the Building Colleges for the Future programme.
Your campaign 'Where's Out Bloody College' to my mind is a bit premature since no-one has said the College will never be built. The letter to the Prime Minister I think is insulting and the whole article smacks of political bias. Don't we have county council elections coming up shortly?
I understand that not many people knew of the LSC funding crisis so who leaked the news to Councillor Harper.
You may also want to watch:
I suppose we can assume that if the Tories win the General Elections next year they will immediately go ahead with building all the colleges. I suggest we don't hold our breath.
ROBERT W HARVEY
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run