COLLEGE CAMPAIGN: Delay will have detrimental repercussions on future education
WITHOUT a doubt the uncertainty surrounding the new college will have detrimental repercussions on the future education of our local children. It is therefore ironic that Fenland s Labour spokesman has come out in support of the campaign to secure fundin
WITHOUT a doubt the uncertainty surrounding the new college will have detrimental repercussions on the future education of our local children.
It is therefore ironic that Fenland's Labour spokesman has come out in support of the campaign to secure funding agreed for the college.
This is considering that it is the Labour Government's actions which have put our community in this situation in the first place.
It could be suggested that the Labour spokesman has 'jumped on the bandwagon' a little late after the Conservative MP Malcolm Moss, Parliamentary Candidate Steve Barclay and Leader of the FDC Geoff Harper have all raised this issue.
It is a sorry state of affairs and I personally feel embarrassed on his behalf for having to be Labour's fading voice in this campaign to get the facilities this community so desperately needs and deserves!
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 6 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 7 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 9 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 10 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field