CHATTERIS: Why do you highlight only the bad news?
I WRITE with regard to your story on the Chatteris Town a match against Coldham. Why is there a big spread when Chatteris Town FC and their teams are shown in a bad light, but no stories on their achievements this season? The A Team are top of their lea
I WRITE with regard to your story on the Chatteris Town a match against Coldham.
Why is there a big spread when Chatteris Town FC and their teams are shown in a bad light, but no stories on their achievements this season?
The A Team are top of their league, unbeaten so far and all three teams in the Cambs league have a good disciplinary record this season so far, in fact just five red cards between Chatteris Town's five teams.
Our reserves are top and the 1st team are second in their respective leagues.
You may also want to watch:
The referee in question was in the middle of one of our games two weeks earlier and there were no problems.
It's always the same, the press highlight the bad and ignore the good.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
If the referee thought things were getting out of hand he should first call the captains together, then the managers and as a last resort send off any offending players.
I was at the West Street ground and tried to speak to the referee, but he was gone in seconds and not willing to speak to anybody.
We appreciate that there is a shortage of referees, but as for Mr Hills remarks, how can he comment before he had the reports from either the referee or the clubs in
question. He should have waited for these before he made a judgement.
Chatteris Town FC Chairman and Qualified Referee.