CANCER: Join the campaign
NO one should be in a position where they are forced to select their medication based on what they can afford, rather than what their doctor prescribes. Yet this is the reality for far too many cancer patients. Cancer patients do not just have the odd on
NO one should be in a position where they are forced to select their medication based on what they can afford, rather than what their doctor prescribes. Yet this is the reality for far too many cancer patients.
Cancer patients do not just have the odd one-off prescription to pay for. They usually need multiple prescriptions to ease distressing side effects of cancer treatment like nausea, fatigue, and severe mouth ulcers, and often spend hundreds of pounds each year paying for prescriptions. Macmillan is calling on the Government to make prescriptions free for everyone in England so the sick and vulnerable aren't penalised in this way.
If you would like to join Macmillan's campaign, please visit our website at www.macmillan.org.uk/campaigns where you can take part in an online survey or send a letter to your local MP.
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan Cancer Support
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children