CANCER: Join the campaign
NO one should be in a position where they are forced to select their medication based on what they can afford, rather than what their doctor prescribes. Yet this is the reality for far too many cancer patients. Cancer patients do not just have the odd on
NO one should be in a position where they are forced to select their medication based on what they can afford, rather than what their doctor prescribes. Yet this is the reality for far too many cancer patients.
Cancer patients do not just have the odd one-off prescription to pay for. They usually need multiple prescriptions to ease distressing side effects of cancer treatment like nausea, fatigue, and severe mouth ulcers, and often spend hundreds of pounds each year paying for prescriptions. Macmillan is calling on the Government to make prescriptions free for everyone in England so the sick and vulnerable aren't penalised in this way.
If you would like to join Macmillan's campaign, please visit our website at www.macmillan.org.uk/campaigns where you can take part in an online survey or send a letter to your local MP.
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan Cancer Support
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Share your views on our newspaper via reader survey
- 5 Woman ‘drink driver’ arrested for having no licence or insurance
- 6 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 7 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Man who died in road crash is named