CANCER: Join the campaign
NO one should be in a position where they are forced to select their medication based on what they can afford, rather than what their doctor prescribes. Yet this is the reality for far too many cancer patients. Cancer patients do not just have the odd on
NO one should be in a position where they are forced to select their medication based on what they can afford, rather than what their doctor prescribes. Yet this is the reality for far too many cancer patients.
Cancer patients do not just have the odd one-off prescription to pay for. They usually need multiple prescriptions to ease distressing side effects of cancer treatment like nausea, fatigue, and severe mouth ulcers, and often spend hundreds of pounds each year paying for prescriptions. Macmillan is calling on the Government to make prescriptions free for everyone in England so the sick and vulnerable aren't penalised in this way.
If you would like to join Macmillan's campaign, please visit our website at www.macmillan.org.uk/campaigns where you can take part in an online survey or send a letter to your local MP.
You may also want to watch:
Macmillan Cancer Support
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians