CAMBS: I find it a disgrace that toilets are not provided for people with severe disabilities
AS a supporter of the Changing Places campaign, I think it is a disgrace that Cambridgeshire County Council doesn t provide public toilets that meet the needs of local people with severe disabilities and their carers. People with profound and multiple lea
AS a supporter of the Changing Places campaign, I think it is a disgrace that Cambridgeshire County Council doesn't provide public toilets that meet the needs of local people with severe disabilities and their carers.
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities need Changing Places toilets - with a hoist, changing bench and plenty of space. Without them carers are often forced to change their disabled loved-ones on dirty toilet floors.
Cambridgeshire County Council has yet to install a Changing Places toilet. People with profound and multiple learning disabilities should have the same opportunities as everyone else. And carers have enough to contend with - let's not make their lives harder by denying them the right to basic public facilities.
I encourage readers to take action sign the online petition about this important issue at www.mencap.org.uk/changelives
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer