CAMBS: I find it a disgrace that toilets are not provided for people with severe disabilities
AS a supporter of the Changing Places campaign, I think it is a disgrace that Cambridgeshire County Council doesn t provide public toilets that meet the needs of local people with severe disabilities and their carers. People with profound and multiple lea
AS a supporter of the Changing Places campaign, I think it is a disgrace that Cambridgeshire County Council doesn't provide public toilets that meet the needs of local people with severe disabilities and their carers.
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities need Changing Places toilets - with a hoist, changing bench and plenty of space. Without them carers are often forced to change their disabled loved-ones on dirty toilet floors.
Cambridgeshire County Council has yet to install a Changing Places toilet. People with profound and multiple learning disabilities should have the same opportunities as everyone else. And carers have enough to contend with - let's not make their lives harder by denying them the right to basic public facilities.
I encourage readers to take action sign the online petition about this important issue at www.mencap.org.uk/changelives
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal