CAMBS: I find it a disgrace that toilets are not provided for people with severe disabilities
AS a supporter of the Changing Places campaign, I think it is a disgrace that Cambridgeshire County Council doesn t provide public toilets that meet the needs of local people with severe disabilities and their carers. People with profound and multiple lea
AS a supporter of the Changing Places campaign, I think it is a disgrace that Cambridgeshire County Council doesn't provide public toilets that meet the needs of local people with severe disabilities and their carers.
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities need Changing Places toilets - with a hoist, changing bench and plenty of space. Without them carers are often forced to change their disabled loved-ones on dirty toilet floors.
Cambridgeshire County Council has yet to install a Changing Places toilet. People with profound and multiple learning disabilities should have the same opportunities as everyone else. And carers have enough to contend with - let's not make their lives harder by denying them the right to basic public facilities.
I encourage readers to take action sign the online petition about this important issue at www.mencap.org.uk/changelives
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash