Calling all Baileys in the district
AFTER many years of tracing my grandfather s ancestry I am requesting contacts from any Baileys and other linked families from Wisbech and district. I already have contact with some close relatives but I am looking further afield now and can be contacted
AFTER many years of tracing my grandfather's ancestry I am requesting contacts from any
Baileys and other linked families from Wisbech and district.
I already have contact with some close relatives but I am looking further afield now and can be contacted at the address below or on 0265547402 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
My grandfather was Frank Bailey (jnr), of Walpole St Andrew.
You may also want to watch:
Any indication as to why he left Walpole for Australia in about 1912 would be most welcome.
I'm aware the reason could be unfavourable.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Bartholomew Bailey (b1773) and Ethelina Thompson (b 1775) had three children: John (1798 m Mary Ann Snushall), Gad (1798 m Margaret or Mary, children John, Bartholomew, Abraham, Marriane and Jane) and Catherine (b1800 m. Robert Breeze then Richard Jewson). John and Mary Ann's children were Maria (b 1820 m. Horace Oughton), Mary Ann (b 1831 m.Benjamin Bartt) and John (b 1832 m. Sarah Ann Bacon).
John Bailey and Sarah Ann Bacon were proprietors of the Victoria Inn, Walpole St Andrew, and their children were William John (b1857 m Ellen, children Grace Ellen, Harry, William John), Frank (b1860 m Sophia Kitteringham, 20-odd children), John (b 1863 m Harriet Jane Smith, children John William, Frederick George, Henry James, Victoria Grace, Ernest Edward), Samuel (b 1868 m Frances Aldridge, children Constance and Oliver), Sarah Ann (b 1871 m William Bates, children William, Winifred and Louis) and Walter John Harry (b 1873).
10 Nuwarra Cct