BRAMLEY LINE: Response to criticism of technical incompetence
I WRITE in reply to the letter from Allan Sibley about the technical competence of those who purchased the coaches for use on the Bramley Line in the first place. I suggest Mr Sibley asks the members of Bramley Line who bought these in 2005, before I join
I WRITE in reply to the letter from Allan Sibley about the technical competence of those who purchased the coaches for use on the Bramley Line in the first place.
I suggest Mr Sibley asks the members of Bramley Line who bought these in 2005, before I joined the group. From the way he writes, I feel he is an expert in this field, so why doesn't he join the group and at least offer that expertise?
Might I suggest that instead of being like the minority and finding fault with the group for no real reason, he at least checks facts before writing to the media again?
The member whose idea it was to purchase the coaches resigned weeks after they were delivered, but for reason/s unknown. I daresay from what I have learnt, had he been as knowledgeable as he tried to make out at the time, he would have known about the coupling of them. Then again, we are not all experts, even though some might profess to be to put themselves up the status ladder.
You may also want to watch:
Also, had you been a member of the group, you too would have learnt at the time of purchase of the coaches, we also had the promise of a suitable locomotive to haul them. In fact we still have several offers of locomotives to use once we get the line re-opened but, like all other groups in this category, we simply can't do it all overnight as some think we can.
Instead of just finding fault with the past, why not join, then help us in this future project?
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Emporium takes business to next level
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
Wisbech & March Bramley Line