BRAMLEY LINE: People are entitled to their opinions
AS an ex committee member of the group, I feel I have to offer my support to your scribe Breakspeare for bringing to everyone s notice, how over the past three years they have continually ridiculed themselves. I mean the expression The Bramley Boys bring
AS an ex committee member of the group, I feel I have to offer my support to your scribe Breakspeare for bringing to everyone's notice, how over the past three years they have continually ridiculed themselves.
I mean the expression The Bramley Boys brings to mind a small group of detainees out on licence from Whitemoor Prison?
Thomas T Tank Engine is nothing to the signatures on abusive mail intended for my Supportive website WWW.bramleyline.com that also carries the petition started by William D. Fillingham to retain the line as a commuter service.
This petition currently has 111 signatures. Add to this the 79 the Heritage attempt has that makes the entire total for the railway 190.
Not everyone has access to a computer. But you talk to the people of Wisbech and you get a different line of support for keeping the branch as a commuter service.
It doesn't take a mind reader to plan a new station providing the land in question is re purchased.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
As for Craig Castleton's comments in the edition of July 25, I think it's he who is the comic and an obvious railway anorak who I hasten to add, I have nothing against anoraks, the mainstay of a great number of Heritage railways in the UK.
But we do not need another one.
Long live the freedom of expression and of course the free press.