BEVERLY OWEN: A friend pays tribute to former March mayor's wife
WE met Bev and Kit Owen at a Karaoke in Elm about 8 years ago. I will never forget my first words with Bev. As we went into the school, Bev with her daughter Lisa, we hit it off straight away. We used to meet up every three weeks at the Sportsman in Elm a
WE met Bev and Kit Owen at a Karaoke in Elm about 8 years ago. I will never forget my first words with Bev. As we went into the school, Bev with her daughter Lisa, we hit it off straight away. We used to meet up every three weeks at the Sportsman in Elm and had so much fun.
As I was shy I would never get up and sing, but Bev always would. She had an amazing voice. In time Bev gave me the confidence to get up and sing with her - I Only Want To Be With You was our song, which we sang every time we got together. We also went to our first ball with Bev and Kit when Kit was last Mayor. It was amazing. Bev was a great friend and will be missed so much. Her death has been very hard to take on board. I always called her 'My Woman' when ever I rang I would say Hello My Woman.
When Bev and Kit went to Dallas to see their son Jonathan, Bev text me and said she had just seen a great pair of orange boots, and wanted to know what size I was. I love the colour orange and she got me the boots. She knew I had searched everywhere for a pair.
My heart goes out to Kit, Lisa and Jonathan and Oliver.
You may also want to watch:
Always in our hearts,
SALLY AND MARK KLYN
- 1 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 New era begins at table tennis club rescued from the brink
- 5 Author reflects on reasons behind 'The Chapel of Ease'
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
(Editor's note: To read more tributes to Bev Owen, please go to www.cambstimes24.co.uk or www.wisbechstandard24.co.uk )