"ARCHERGATE": Disappointed but not surprised that council exonerated leader
I WAS disappointed, but not surprised, to read that FDC s Standards Committee had exonerated the leader of the council in the Archergate case.What other judicial process hears evidence in secret? And how was Cllr Archer even able to present the facts
I WAS disappointed, but not surprised, to read that FDC's Standards Committee had exonerated the leader of the council in the "Archergate" case.
What other judicial process hears evidence in secret?
And how was Cllr Archer even able to present the facts if he wasn't allowed to attend?
And can somebody please explain why on earth Cllr John Clark told the Cambs Times that he had offered Mark the 'advice' not to stand against Harper, if no such overture was ever made?
The Standards Committee of FDC has never once found against any senior member of the council.
Sadly, I am not at all surprised.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
And I confidently predict that the Standards Committee's dubious decision will now be used to censure Cllr Archer - the only non-tory member of the council.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED