"ARCHERGATE": Disappointed but not surprised that council exonerated leader
I WAS disappointed, but not surprised, to read that FDC s Standards Committee had exonerated the leader of the council in the Archergate case.What other judicial process hears evidence in secret? And how was Cllr Archer even able to present the facts
I WAS disappointed, but not surprised, to read that FDC's Standards Committee had exonerated the leader of the council in the "Archergate" case.
What other judicial process hears evidence in secret?
And how was Cllr Archer even able to present the facts if he wasn't allowed to attend?
And can somebody please explain why on earth Cllr John Clark told the Cambs Times that he had offered Mark the 'advice' not to stand against Harper, if no such overture was ever made?
The Standards Committee of FDC has never once found against any senior member of the council.
Sadly, I am not at all surprised.
- 1 Chip shop’s new platter dish ‘The Great Gordon’ tribute to late founder
- 2 Driver escapes injury after lorry ploughs into back of broken-down van
- 3 Paddleboarder dies after getting into difficulty on river
- 4 Fraudster rented out homes for cannabis factories worth over £300k
- 5 Man, 37, named as A14 death crash victim
- 6 Man suspected of touching child outside supermarket
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 9 Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
And I confidently predict that the Standards Committee's dubious decision will now be used to censure Cllr Archer - the only non-tory member of the council.
NAME AND ADDRESS SUPPLIED