Application is in our interests
WE recently moved to Tydd St Mary from the south coast, and Mr Bays is among our closest neighbours and was as friendly and welcoming to us as can be. What has struck us about this man is his devotion to the village, and his beloved plot of land. He can b
WE recently moved to Tydd St Mary from the south coast, and Mr Bays is among our closest neighbours and was as friendly and welcoming to us as can be.
What has struck us about this man is his devotion to the village, and his beloved plot of land. He can be seen out on this plot every day, digging around in the garden, waving and chatting to villagers, and putting his very heart into the land.
His own home is opposite the plot, and kept in immaculate condition. He has a topiary tea pot in his front hedge, which is a quirky delight for those who pass through the village.
If Mr Bays wants to replace a crumbly little building with little historical, sentimental or aesthetic value we don't have any personal objections. For the long-term future of Tydd St Mary, building a home on this site would surely have a beneficial impact on the local economy of village and beyond?
You may also want to watch:
It is not as if he wants to build a block of flats, and he is not a greedy developer. David and Jan have our full support, and we sincerely hope South Holland District Council thinks rationally about their proposal, which we feel is in the long-term interests of our village.
PETE and PAULA CLEARY
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 10 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
Tydd St Mary