Application is in our interests
WE recently moved to Tydd St Mary from the south coast, and Mr Bays is among our closest neighbours and was as friendly and welcoming to us as can be. What has struck us about this man is his devotion to the village, and his beloved plot of land. He can b
WE recently moved to Tydd St Mary from the south coast, and Mr Bays is among our closest neighbours and was as friendly and welcoming to us as can be.
What has struck us about this man is his devotion to the village, and his beloved plot of land. He can be seen out on this plot every day, digging around in the garden, waving and chatting to villagers, and putting his very heart into the land.
His own home is opposite the plot, and kept in immaculate condition. He has a topiary tea pot in his front hedge, which is a quirky delight for those who pass through the village.
If Mr Bays wants to replace a crumbly little building with little historical, sentimental or aesthetic value we don't have any personal objections. For the long-term future of Tydd St Mary, building a home on this site would surely have a beneficial impact on the local economy of village and beyond?
You may also want to watch:
It is not as if he wants to build a block of flats, and he is not a greedy developer. David and Jan have our full support, and we sincerely hope South Holland District Council thinks rationally about their proposal, which we feel is in the long-term interests of our village.
PETE and PAULA CLEARY
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 8 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 9 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
Tydd St Mary