Apologies for any offence caused
I WOULD like to comment on the letter by Mark Beckett about Wisbech Swimming Club. We have now learned four things about the club: First, it pays £89 an hour for the hire of the Hudson swimming pool, including the provision of lifeguards. Second, it pays,
I WOULD like to comment on the letter by Mark Beckett about Wisbech Swimming Club.
We have now learned four things about the club:
First, it pays £89 an hour for the hire of the Hudson swimming pool, including the provision of lifeguards.
Second, it pays, in total, more than £40,000 a year to Fenland District Council for the hire of the pool.
You may also want to watch:
Third, the major sponsor of the club is Wheelers, the chartered accountants and business advisers, of North Street, Wisbech.
Fourth, Wisbech Swimming Club and the Wisbech swimming team are sponsored by more than 40 local businesses.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?
It is true that I have a chip on my shoulder with regard to Wisbech Swimming Club.
In the summer of 1988 I did enquire with the reception at the Hudson Leisure Centre about joining the club.
I wanted to join the club as a means of meeting new people, especially women who liked swimming.
I was told by the receptionist that Wisbech Swimming Club was mainly for people aged 18 and under.
When I asked about any sessions held by the club for adults, I was told that such sessions were only for adult members of the swimming team.
Mr Beckett has asked me to apologise. I therefore would like to apologise to any members of the club or their parents for any upset my original letter caused.