Apologies for any offence caused
I WOULD like to comment on the letter by Mark Beckett about Wisbech Swimming Club. We have now learned four things about the club: First, it pays £89 an hour for the hire of the Hudson swimming pool, including the provision of lifeguards. Second, it pays,
I WOULD like to comment on the letter by Mark Beckett about Wisbech Swimming Club.
We have now learned four things about the club:
First, it pays £89 an hour for the hire of the Hudson swimming pool, including the provision of lifeguards.
Second, it pays, in total, more than £40,000 a year to Fenland District Council for the hire of the pool.
You may also want to watch:
Third, the major sponsor of the club is Wheelers, the chartered accountants and business advisers, of North Street, Wisbech.
Fourth, Wisbech Swimming Club and the Wisbech swimming team are sponsored by more than 40 local businesses.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family
It is true that I have a chip on my shoulder with regard to Wisbech Swimming Club.
In the summer of 1988 I did enquire with the reception at the Hudson Leisure Centre about joining the club.
I wanted to join the club as a means of meeting new people, especially women who liked swimming.
I was told by the receptionist that Wisbech Swimming Club was mainly for people aged 18 and under.
When I asked about any sessions held by the club for adults, I was told that such sessions were only for adult members of the swimming team.
Mr Beckett has asked me to apologise. I therefore would like to apologise to any members of the club or their parents for any upset my original letter caused.