All this for a mere � 14
AT the risk of boring your readers rigid, I thought the Council Tax payers of Cambridgeshire might be interested in how their taxes are being spent in an attempt to deny the Canal Side residents the ownership of their own gardens in Elm Low Road. There ar
AT the risk of boring your readers rigid, I thought the Council Tax payers of Cambridgeshire might be interested in how their taxes are being spent in an attempt to deny the Canal Side residents the ownership of their own gardens in Elm Low Road.
There are currently two proposals on the table to settle this mess:
Proposal one: The Council's.
* The residents all pay for their own conveyancing costs. The residents all pay �50 towards the council's legal costs. The residents all pay the council �1 for their piece of land. Total cost to residents �300 to �400. Income to the council coffers; �14.
You may also want to watch:
Proposal two: The Residents.
* The council withdraw their objection to the residents claiming Adverse Possession. The residents then go ahead to claim the land through the Land Registry Service. This would cost the council nothing and the residents �30 to �70. Income to council zero.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
This clearly shows that the only advantage to the council to the matter being settled on their terms rather than ours is �14. I have contacted the councils agents and offered to pay this �14 myself to halt the whole crazy process and save the tax payers whatever stupid amount the council intend spending to try and defeat our aims.
Even as I am writing this my wife is fishing for change down the back of the sofa, breaking open old money boxes and trying to find a bank that will convert an old Turkish Lira L100,000 note into sterling.
Spokesperson for the true owners of the old canal gardens