Aha, it could be a collective name
MY attention was drawn to last week s Brakespeare column informing readers that Walter Burnett is actually the Black Beast Chris Howes. A few pages on I read the Voice of the Fens, and the commitment to correcting errors. I would point out that Brake
MY attention was drawn to last week's Brakespeare column informing readers that Walter Burnett is actually the 'Black Beast' Chris Howes.
A few pages on I read the Voice of the Fens, and the commitment to correcting errors.
I would point out that Brakespeare has got things a bit wrong.
Brakespeare should not assume that Walter Burnett is the pen name of an individual. There are individuals in the Fens and there are groups, and while Chris may contribute to the blog, he is not the sole contributor. You may even notice my own turn of phrase occasionally.
You may also want to watch:
Maybe I can remind Sam Brakespeare of the 1960s' pop group Manfred Mann? (Additional to their own names, they each called themselves Manfred Mann)
When it comes to the musings of Walter it is more accurate to think (and I quote) "Aha, it was the Manfreds'".
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
Kind regards and Happy Editing
Chris (tine) Colbert