Aha, it could be a collective name
MY attention was drawn to last week s Brakespeare column informing readers that Walter Burnett is actually the Black Beast Chris Howes. A few pages on I read the Voice of the Fens, and the commitment to correcting errors. I would point out that Brake
MY attention was drawn to last week's Brakespeare column informing readers that Walter Burnett is actually the 'Black Beast' Chris Howes.
A few pages on I read the Voice of the Fens, and the commitment to correcting errors.
I would point out that Brakespeare has got things a bit wrong.
Brakespeare should not assume that Walter Burnett is the pen name of an individual. There are individuals in the Fens and there are groups, and while Chris may contribute to the blog, he is not the sole contributor. You may even notice my own turn of phrase occasionally.
Maybe I can remind Sam Brakespeare of the 1960s' pop group Manfred Mann? (Additional to their own names, they each called themselves Manfred Mann)
When it comes to the musings of Walter it is more accurate to think (and I quote) "Aha, it was the Manfreds'".
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 9 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
Kind regards and Happy Editing
Chris (tine) Colbert