Addressing wind turbine concerns
THE proposal to erect wind turbines on Marshland Fen has worried some nearby residents. I have looked at the issue in two ways – as a resident of Marshland Fen and as a local councillor. As a resident I am in favour of wind generation. If the proposal bec
THE proposal to erect wind turbines on Marshland Fen has worried some nearby residents. I have looked at the issue in two ways - as a resident of Marshland Fen and as a local councillor.
As a resident I am in favour of wind generation. If the proposal becomes a formal planning application some time in the future, and it's similar to the map I have seen, the development would be close to my home. But I don't see it as a threat to me.
However, I know some of my neighbours are concerned. The Department for Trade and Industry would probably make the decision, after consulting, among others, the borough council's development control board.
If re-elected, I shall do my best to ensure that local people's views are clearly put to the people who will decide the planning application. In addition, I have already made suggestions to a landowners' representative about how they could reduce the development's impact.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 10 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
St John's Fen End