Autumn brings a rich golden hue to the countryside, it signals the start of lazy nights by the fire and offers a whole season of fun.
As October draws to a close, school children and teachers will be embarking on a well-earned week off, giving them time to explore the seasonal delights of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Essex. Whether it is indoor play away from the autumn chill or enjoying the various firework displays.
With Hallowe'en falling in the middle of this year's half-term break, children will be able to delve feet first into the age-old tradition of fancy dress and gruesome fun.
As the week draws to close, bonfire night celebrations will get underway with a bang. Across the region there will be firework displays of varying scales, allowing families to be captivated by explosions of colour against the dark, autumn skies in a safe, controlled environment.
To tell us about a Hallowe'en or bonfire night celebration, email Catherine Gill.
Guy Fawkes Events
- Cambridge City Council Annual Fireworks display. Thurston Family Fun Fair will be open from 6pm-10pm. When: Monday, November 5 2012. Where: Midsummer Common, Cambridge Time: 7.30pm Prices: donations of at least £1 per person Web: www.cambridge.gov.uk/fireworks. Parking: At The Grafton, Park Street, Grand Arcade and Queen Anne Terrace car parks Disabled access: Parking for disabled people will be available at Jesus College. Access is via Victoria Avenue entrance and spaces must be occupied before the road closure comes into operation at 6.30pm. Exit will be via Jesus Lane. After 6.30pm it will not be possible to drive to the car park. These spaces are limited and available to blue badge holders only. After road closures, or when these spaces have been filled, Grafton Centre East and Queen Anne Terrace car parks are recommended.
- Eynesbury Rovers FC's annual show. Licensed bar, bouncy castle and a barbecue as well as a bonfire and fireworks. When: Sunday November 4 2012. Where: At the football club in Hall Road Time: 5pm Prices: Entry £4 adults, £2 concessions.
- Godmanchester's annual bonfire night celebration. When: Monday November 5 2012 Where: Judith's Field at the top of London Road. Time: Gates will open at 6:30pm, the bonfire will start at 7:00pm and the firework display at 7:30pm. Prices: Advance tickets available from Bellmans Bakery. For further information call 01480 437774
- Grafham Annual Firework Display. When: Saturday November 3 2012 Where: Grafham Village Hall. Time: Display starts at 7.15pm. Prices: Tickets £4 for adults, £2 for children
- Huntingdon Fireworks. Funfair, refreshments, candyfloss, music and glow-sticks are all available for free in Huntingdon. Collection buckets will be out for funds for the 2012 display. When: Friday, November 2, 2012 Where: Coneygear Park Time: 5pm Prices: Free
- Kimbolton fireworks and laser spectacular. Fireworks display with fun fair, bar, and hog roast, with Heart FM’s Stuart and Natalie presenting. When: Wednesday, Ocotber 31 2012. Where: Kimbolton Castle Time: 6pm Prices: Tickets £9 (£10 on the gate, children under 16 free) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Big Bang. Firework's and bonfire spectacular. This is the tenth year the school has held a firework display, and the second year it has hired a professional company to light a spectacular array of pyrotechnics When: Friday, November 2 2012. Where: All Saints Primary School, March Time: 5.30pm Prices: Tickets £4.50 for adults and £3.50 for children. (There are discount tickets available if they are purchased from school reception ahead of the event.)
- Sawtry Fireworks. Professional firework display by Cambridge Fireworks with food and drink stalls as well as a bonfire.When: Monday, November 5 2012 Where: Sawtry Sports & Social Ground, Sawtry Time: 6pm Telephone: 01487 830837
- St Ives Dazzling Display. Fireworks display with bonfire, When: Saturday, November 3 2012. Where: London Road, St Ives Time: The bonfire will be lit at 5.30pm, the display starts at 6pm. Prices: £5 on the gate for adults, £2 for children. Family tickets available for £10 in advance from Axe and Compass pub in Hemingford Abbots. Email: email@example.com
- St Neots Fireworks. Fireworks display, licensed bar, hot and cold food and drinks stands. When: Sunday, November 4 2012. Where: Eynesbury Rovers Football Club Time: Gates open at 5pm, display starts at 6pm. Prices: £4 on the gate for adults, £2 for children/concessions. Family tickets available for £10
- Yaxley Fireworks. Fireworks display from The Yaxley Scout and Guide Display. When: Saturday, November 3 2012. Where: Three Horseshoes, Main Street, Yaxley. Time: Unknown. Prices: Family tickets available for £10
Do you have a Fireworks Listing? Send in your listings to firstname.lastname@example.org