NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town Reserves withdrawn from PDFL Premier Division

PUBLISHED: 12:28 02 August 2017 | UPDATED: 12:36 02 August 2017

Wisbech Town chairman, Paul Brenchley.

Wisbech Town chairman, Paul Brenchley.

Archant © 2010

The chairman of Wisbech Town has confirmed that he has withdrawn the club’s reserve side from the Premier Division of the Peterborough & District Football League.

The side was left without a manager following the departure of Simon Flanz last week and chairman Paul Brenchley confirmed today (August 2) that he has been unable to find a replacement ahead of their first fixture this weekend.

A club spokesman said: “Following Simon Flanz’s decision to quit just 11 days before the start of the new season, it left the club no time to find a replacement willing to take on the job at such short notice.

“The club would like to apologise to the PDFL and the other Premier Division clubs for the disruption this decision has caused but there really wasn’t any other choice.

“The club considers this to be a brief hiatus and intends to run a reserve side again as soon as possible. Thought is also being given to bring back an Under 18s side as well.”

More news stories

Yesterday, 16:54

UK Power Network said they hope to get all homes in Wisbech affected by today’s fire back on by 10pm.

Yesterday, 14:01

An investigation has been launched after a suspected acid attack in Wisbech – the victim did not sustain serious injuries.

Yesterday, 13:12

Neighbours have been evacuated from homes in part of Wisbech today following a major fire at a nearby wood yard.

Yesterday, 10:53

A 33 year-old man from King’s Lynn remains critically ill in hospital following a stabbing in Wisbech yesterday.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Wisbech Standard weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy