Two people treated for smoke inhalation after Leverington fire
16:57 27 May 2014
Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Leverington on Sunday.
At 10.50pm, two crews from Wisbech were called to a house fire in Leafere Way after a neighbour saw smoke coming from a kitchen window and dialled 999.
A fire had broken out involving the cooker in the kitchen, which was caused accidentally by one of the inhabitants.
The home’s two occupants, a man and a woman in their 30s, were helped from the property by firefighters and given oxygen.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and crews returned to their stations by 12.05am.