Two people treated for smoke inhalation after Leverington fire

PUBLISHED: 16:57 27 May 2014 | UPDATED: 16:57 27 May 2014

Archant

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Leverington on Sunday.

At 10.50pm, two crews from Wisbech were called to a house fire in Leafere Way after a neighbour saw smoke coming from a kitchen window and dialled 999.

A fire had broken out involving the cooker in the kitchen, which was caused accidentally by one of the inhabitants.

The home’s two occupants, a man and a woman in their 30s, were helped from the property by firefighters and given oxygen.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire and crews returned to their stations by 12.05am.

0 comments

Welcome , please leave your message below.

Optional - JPG files only
Optional - MP3 files only
Optional - 3GP, AVI, MOV, MPG or WMV files
Comments

Please log in to leave a comment and share your views with other Wisbech Standard visitors.

We enable people to post comments with the aim of encouraging open debate.

Only people who register and sign up to our terms and conditions can post comments. These terms and conditions explain our house rules and legal guidelines.

Comments are not edited by Wisbech Standard staff prior to publication but may be automatically filtered.

If you have a complaint about a comment please contact us by clicking on the Report This Comment button next to the comment.

Not a member yet?

Register to create your own unique Wisbech Standard account for free.

Signing up is free, quick and easy and offers you the chance to add comments, personalise the site with local information picked just for you, and more.

Sign up now

More news stories

Yesterday, 16:52

One of Cambridgeshire’s most influential business leaders –chamber of commerce chief executive John Bridge – claims that re-opening of the Wisbech to March rail link is a lame duck.

14:00

Wisbech’s annual Horsefair Shopping Centre summer fun day will take place on Thursday July 27 from 10am to 2pm.

Yesterday, 16:54

The Light Cinema, Wisbech, closed temporarily after what bosses say was a “small fire safety related issue”. It re-opens at 6pm tonight (Saturday)

Yesterday, 14:34

One of Britain’s biggest trade unions - the GMB – has condemned the 30 per cent pay rise for councillors that Cambridgeshire County Council voted through this week.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter