Two former Kimbolton School teachers charged with child sex offences
PUBLISHED: 10:38 03 March 2016 | UPDATED: 10:38 03 March 2016
Two former teachers at Kimbolton School have been charged with a number of sexual offences against children.
Simon Ball, 42, of Combe Avenue in East London, was arrested on February 10 2015 in connection with sexual relations with young girls.
Yesterday (Wednesday March 2) he was charged with:
• Five counts of sexual activity with a girl aged 13 to 17;
• One count of making indecent images of children;
• One count of possessing indecent images of children;
• One count of indecent assault on a girl under the age of 14;
• Two counts of indecent assault on a girl under the age of 16;
• Four counts of abuse of position of trust relating to sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 18;
• One count of abuse of position of trust relating to engaging in sexual activity with a girl under the age of 18;
• One count of indecent assault on a girl under the age of 14.
The charges relate to allegations involving four girls who were aged between 13 and 17 at the time of the alleged offences, between 2001 and 2012.
Seven of the charges relate to one girl while Ball was teaching at Kimbolton, the remaining charges relate to three girls during a period when Ball was teaching at a previous school in North Yorkshire.
Scott Whitlock, 45, of no fixed abode, was arrested on June 12, 2015, in connection with making, possessing and distributing indecent images of children.
On Tuesday (March 1), he was charged with two counts of making indecent images of a child, one count of possessing indecent images of a child, one count of distributing indecent images of a child and one count of publishing an obscene article.
The charges against the two men are unrelated.
Both have been bailed to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court on April 5.
Police have encouraged anyone with any concerns in relation to the allegations to contact them by calling 01223 823426 or emailing email@example.com.