June 19 2013 Latest news:
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
TRAFFIC backed up at Terrington St Clement this lunchtime after a three-vehicle crash between a car, a van and a heavy goods lorry.
Police were called to the collision, which happened near to the African Violent Centre, in Station Road, at about 12.30pm. Diversions were put in place and traffic began to build up on the A17.
A spokesman for Norfolk police said: “Two of the vehicles are awaiting recovery and the road reopened at 2pm. None of the passengers are thought to have suffered serious injuries.”
Police forces across the country have urged people to drive carefully in the snowy conditions.
Norfolk police advise motorists to:
· Make sure all your car lights are working and you have no failed bulbs. Ensure that dirt, salt and snow is cleared away from light fixtures.
· Always ensure all windows are fully cleared of snow, frost and condensation before setting off on a journey - it is illegal to drive with obscured vision.
· Also clear snow from the top of the car as this can fall down and obscure your windscreen while you are driving.
· Keep windscreen washer fluid topped up as windscreens quickly become dirty from traffic spray and salt from the roads.
· Make sure you have sufficient fuel for your journey. Keep the fuel tank topped up.
· Give yourself extra time for your journey and drive at a constant speed. Accept your journey will take longer and don’t take risks.
· Take a mobile telephone with you and make sure it is fully charged. Carry a mobile charger in the car.