Older people in Fenland are invited to drop in sessions for help reducing bills, free grab rails or even free central heating
PUBLISHED: 11:58 13 September 2017
A service that offers support to older people in Fenland is running a series of free drop in sessions at the Light Cinema in Wisbech and two libraries.
Centra outreach offer free community support to anyone over the age of 65 living in the district.
Retired Westwood Junior School lollipop man Richard Belton and his wife Anna, of March, were helped through Centra’s Healthy Homes project who sorted new rail grabs in their home courtesy of Age UK and free gas central heating alongside improved insulation.
Centra also supported them to find £700 extra income a month and gave help to significantly reduce their utility bills.
The outreach service is provided on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council and is short term and designed to help with specific needs so that it is available as and when needed.
It aims to help people live more independently and maintain their homes.
Drop in sessions are:
• Monday September 18 and Monday November 20 from 10am to noon at The Light Cinema, Wisbech.
• Monday October 2 from 10am to noon at March Library.
• Thursday December 7 from 10am to noon at Wisbech Library.
• Monday December 18 from 9am to 11am at The Light Cinema, Wisbech.
• Call 0300 004 0349 to start a referral.