Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

13:33 06 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 23:08
Emergency services search for a missing person.

A man drowned today in Cambridgeshire after apparently jumping into the Great Ouse to retrieve a football shortly before a water festival was due to start.

Yesterday, 22:17
Robert MacBryde
Red and Black Still Life
( Collection of Original Works for Children in Cambridgeshire. Photography by Marc Mageean)

Hundreds of rarely seen paintings – owned by Cambridgeshire County Council as part of a children’s collection built up since the last war- are to be sold.

Yesterday, 15:04
Holly Orridge playing at the Horsefair shopping centre Summer Funday. Picture: Steve Williams.

Holly Orridge launched her new EP, 14 Miles to Midnight, with a performance at the Horsefair on Wednesday.

Fri, 15:21
Wisbech Church Terrace car park toilets. Picture: Steve Williams.

Three women who tried to call the non-emergency police line to report a man asleep in public toilets in Wisbech gave up after being put on hold for more than ten minutes - only to discover he died in the cubicle during the night.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition today E-edition