Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

13:33 06 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 10:37
Overloaded van on A47

Cops patrolling the A47 have learnt to expect the unexpected – so it was no surprise when they pulled over this shaky load.

Yesterday, 09:53
Unattended cooking causes house fire in Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech

Unattended cooking caused a house to catch fire in Mount Pleasant Road, Wisbech on Saturday morning.

Yesterday, 09:35
Skimming device recovered from Santander ATM, Market Place, Wisbech

A skimming device on the Santander ATM, Market Place, Wisbech was recovered by police on Saturday morning.

Yesterday, 16:40
Neale Wade Sports transition Festival.  Olympic rowing gold medalist, Zac Purchase with the Winners. Picture: Steve Williams.

Fenland’s answer to the Olympics – including an appearance and coaching from gold medal-winning rower Zac Purchase - sprinted its way to Neale Wade, March earlier today.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up