Firefighters tackle Chatteris chimney fire

PUBLISHED: 13:33 06 January 2014 | UPDATED: 13:33 06 January 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney blaze in Chatteris yesterday.

A crew from Chatteris was called to the chimney fire, which was caused accidentally, in Station Street at 5.50pm.

They extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 6.50pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 16:52

One of Cambridgeshire’s most influential business leaders –chamber of commerce chief executive John Bridge – claims that re-opening of the Wisbech to March rail link is a lame duck.

Yesterday, 16:54

The Light Cinema, Wisbech, closed temporarily after what bosses say was a “small fire safety related issue”. It re-opens at 6pm tonight (Saturday)

Yesterday, 14:34

One of Britain’s biggest trade unions - the GMB – has condemned the 30 per cent pay rise for councillors that Cambridgeshire County Council voted through this week.

Yesterday, 14:33

Two enterprise zones could be set up in Fenland – one at Wisbech and another at Chatteris- to encourage business growth.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter