April 24 2014 Latest news:
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Firefighters from Ely were called to a chimney fire in North Street, Wicken.
Crew discovered the fire at about 4pm on Monday (December 9) in a bungalow and used ladders and working at height equipment to access the fire and extinguish it.
Crews returned to their stations by 5.10pm.
The cause of the fire was accidental.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”