Firefighters from Ely were called to a chimney fire in North Street, Wicken.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

Crew discovered the fire at about 4pm on Monday (December 9) in a bungalow and used ladders and working at height equipment to access the fire and extinguish it.

Crews returned to their stations by 5.10pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Book my advert Fenland Enterprise Buisness Awards Reader holidays Wedding Show

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT