Firefighters tackled two blazes in the space of a couple of hours in Whittlesey on Wednesday.

To send a link to this page to a friend, you must be logged in.

One crew from Whittlesey, one crew from Stanground and one crew from Thorney were called to a chimney fire in The George Hotel, Market Place, at 11.55am.

Firefighters used hose reels to extinguish the fire, which was caused accidentally, before returning to their stations by 1pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year.

“This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

One crew from Whittlesey and one crew from Stanground were called to a shed fire in Benwick Road, Whittlesey, at 1.40pm.

They found a diesel generator on fire, which had been removed by a farmer from within a shed.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hose reels to extinguish the fire and returned to their stations by 2.40pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Homes24
Jobs24
Drive24
MyDate24
MyPhotos24
FamilyNotices24
Weddingsite

Click here to read more of our digital publications
Book my advert Fenland Enterprise Buisness Awards Retailers List Wedding Show

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT