Crew tackles Gorefield chimney fire

10:24 17 February 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Gorefield on Thursday.

A crew from Wisbech was called to the fire at a detached bungalow in High Road at 3.50pm.

They extinguished the fire, which was caused accidently, and returned to their stations by 5.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

10:41
A swan is shot

Two swans were shot in the head in what is thought to have been a “shooting for sport” air rifle attack at Wimblington.

07:23
Action on Energy

Landlords are being urged to cash in on grants of up to £8,000 that are on offer to help them make draughty homes warmer and drive down their energy bills.

10:55
Soccer shed fire at Westwood School March. Picture: Steve Williams.

The community is rallying behind March Soccer School which lost all of its kit and equipment in a fire at Westwood Junior last night.

Yesterday, 12:11
CoWA students artwork is exhibited at the Light Cinema

Art students from the College of West Anglia are showcasing some of their work at The Light Cinema in Wisbech.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition today E-edition