Crew tackles Gorefield chimney fire

10:24 17 February 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Gorefield on Thursday.

A crew from Wisbech was called to the fire at a detached bungalow in High Road at 3.50pm.

They extinguished the fire, which was caused accidently, and returned to their stations by 5.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 14:05
ALS Food and Pharmaceutical of Chatteris was the 2014 Business of the Year. Your company could follow in their footsteps by entering one of these categories.

Fenland’s finest food firms, the companies that best look after their staff and the most effective environmentally-friendly initiatives will be among those celebrated at the 2015 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards.

Yesterday, 17:25
Wisbech free car boot sale

I believe that the owner of the Rose and Crown in Wisbech has every right to be properly concerned about what the town council are doing to Wisbech Market Place.

Yesterday, 15:05
The smashed railings in Wisbech Park.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crashing through the railings near to the entrance of Wisbech Park overnight.

Yesterday, 14:34
Community House, Southwell road, Wisbech. Picture: Steve Williams.

Roddons Housing Association has warned this is the last year they will allow the already financially threatened Community House in Wisbech to use it rent free.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition today E-edition