Crew tackles Chatteris kitchen fire

15:12 14 March 2014

Archant

A crew tackled a kitchen fire in Chatteris yesterday.

Firefighters were called to an address on Tithe Road at about 2.40pm.

They extinguished it using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a ventilation fan, before returning to their station by 3.45pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 13:30
Ormitots nursery, March.

A youngster walked out of an under fives nursery unsupervised at a setting that has been rated as needing improvement by Ofsted.

Yesterday, 09:39
Metal on metal hip implant patients take their battle to the High Court

British patients taking legal action against defective metal on metal hip implants made by Johnson & Johnson have been praised by women injured by a medical device made by the same health care giant.

Sunday, May 29, 2016
Car overturns in Back Toad, Murrow

A passenger in a car that over turned in Murrow today has been taken to hospital.

Sunday, May 29, 2016
James Thompson, Mr Dominic Garfoot (Head if Outdoor Education), Mollie Allen, Lee Clarke, James Greenhalgh, Ethan Jutsum, Jordan Reeve, Ben Trundley, Maddie Booth, Ed Page, Victoria Murphy (front)

Ten dedicated Wisbech Grammar School Sixth Form pupils have achieved the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award, the highest number of gold awards in one year ever recorded by the school.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up