September 22 2014 Latest news:
Friday, April 25, 2014
Firefighters battled for nearly two and a half hours to put out a chimney fire yesterday.
At 7.30pm, one crew from Chatteris and a turntable ladder from Dogsthorpe were called to a house on Forty Foot Bank in Chatteris.
They accessed the chimney using the turntable ladder and extinguished the fire, which was caused accidentally, before returning to their stations by 9.55pm.
A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”