Crew tackles Gorefield chimney fire

PUBLISHED: 10:24 17 February 2014 | UPDATED: 10:24 17 February 2014

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Gorefield on Thursday.

A crew from Wisbech was called to the fire at a detached bungalow in High Road at 3.50pm.

They extinguished the fire, which was caused accidently, and returned to their stations by 5.15pm.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

0 comments

More news stories

Yesterday, 22:32

Maybe it’s the allowance (a handsome £7,000 and due to rise) or because you’ve responded to a ‘your party needs you’ call - but rarely have so many stood for so few.

Yesterday, 22:17

The county is set to go to the polling stations on May 4 to decide who will take the all-important seats at Cambridgeshire County Council for the next four years. Here are the candidates for the Chatteris division.

Yesterday, 18:26

The county is set to go to the polling stations on May 4 to decide who will take the all-important seats at Cambridgeshire County Council for the next four years. Here are the candidates for the Whittlesey North division.

Yesterday, 18:26

The county is set to go to the polling stations on May 4 to decide who will take the all-important seats at Cambridgeshire County Council for the next four years. Here are the candidates for the Whittlesey South division.

Most read stories

Most commented stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the Wisbech Standard e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter